I’m thinking about making Tag Thursday a thing here, I love doing tags, but I don’t want to do too many, so why not give it a place on my blog where I can do it.
I love doing tags and this time I was tagged by Destiny @Howling Libraries and Malanie @Loves Fiction to do The Mystery Blogger Award. I was really honoured and excited but for some reason I just waited ages till I posted it! So here’s it finally.
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award (Okoto Enigma @ Okoto Enigma’s Blog)
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself and answer the questions given by the person who tagged you
- Nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
3 THINGS ABOUT ME:
1. In other languages, I always introduce myself as Dorine, which is my legal ‘real’ name. But from a day to day life I go by Doortje, and I only ever get called by my full name, when I speak with Dutch people, when my parents are angry with me haha!
2. I can listen to musical soundtracks every day and all day. I regularly sing them in a dramatic way while walking around the house and I don’t shy away from songs that are meant to be sung by a number of people to work, songs like the Confrontation and One Day More of Les Miserables and Non-Stop from Hamilton are in my daily repertoire. Faves of mine at the moment are Hamilton, Les Miserables and Amelie.
3. I have the cutest dog. Sorry, I’m sure that your dog is also cute, but mine is definitely the cutest…
1. What was the last book you UN-hauled?
The last book I unhauled was Piper Perish. I won a random surprise book at my local bookstore, but I decided that I wouldn’t end up reading it. So I gave it away, to make someone else happy with it!
2. What is your favourite and least favourite book-to-movie adaptation, and why?
My favourite adaptation is The Perks of Being a Wallflower, tbh I don’t think there is a better one. The movie is written and directed by the writer himself, can it get any better??
My least favourite is harder, I’m personally not quickly hateful to an adaptation as I like seeing someone elses view on a story. BUT the German movie adaptations for the Ruby Red series (Rubinrot) really weren’t great… :’)
3. How many books have you DNFed this year, if any?
I DNFed 3 books this year, I try to give books a chance and keep on reading them, but for these ones, I just really couldn’t make myself!
The books were:
Blood Water Paint by Joy McCullough
We Come Apart by Sarah Crossan
Adultolescence by Gabbie Hanna
4. Book sleeves: a necessity, or a pointless luxury?
A NECESSITY 100%!
I even thought about buying an extra one that I could borrow to my friends when they borrow a book from me. It really keeps your books so much prettier and safe! I can’t live without one anymore.
5. Do you own any bookish merch? If so, drop a link to your fave merch shop!
I don’t own a lot, unfortunately, but I can’t live without the bookmarks of Knights and Foes!
1. If you had a million dollars, what would you spend it on?
I’d make sure that my mum could stop working, and with what’s left I’d do weird things that will make me and/or my friends and family happy.
Like for example, I’d buy a gift card for a shop that’s only in Paris as a present for my friends birthday. When she unboxes it she might be a bit disappointed, so I’ll say “Oh well now we have to go to Paris” and then just go on a big trip to Paris with them!
2. What hyped book, do you hate/dislike?
The ACOTAR series by Sarah J Maas, I’ve talked about it in a few posts now. It just really isn’t for me!
3. What is your worst and best trait?
I’m very sensitive, it’s both my worst and best trait.
4. What is the most interesting thing you’ve read this week?
I’m still reading Sophies World which is mind blowing and so interesting! I love learning more about philosophy in this way.
5. If you were arrested with no explanation, what would your friends and family assume you had done?
They’d probably think that I’d been framed or that there was some kind of mistake haha!
MY BEST POSTS
I’m so happy two of the posts that I really love are also my best posts, and my second best post is a really personal one <3. So that just tells me how sweet everyone here is!
Everyone that wants to enter! Also, let me know if you like being tagged for tags, I don’t want to pressure anyone in anything, so let me know!